The Compact's initiatives will be advised by a council of experts and non-governmental stakeholders. The Council will be called upon to:
- Recruit for Compact membership
- Advocate for Compact goals and initiatives
- Consult on Compact program development
- Act as mission ambassadors within their given communities
- Provide guidance on goal setting requirements
- Share insights with the steering committee on compact-wide initiatives
A formal nomination process will be announced in Fall/Winter 2017.